Hello and welcome to a new edition of Kids Room Alerts.
Happy Mothers Day!
This month we are super-excited to announce the beginning of a NEW SERIES on our web-site.
- Notable Topics/Features
- Launch of New Series
- Partner News
- A Great Find
- Ask the Editor
- Quote to keep you going
We are calling it ‘The Transformation’. Here we will showcase 2 inspiration boards each time. The first will be either a nursery or a toddler room and we will transform the same theme into a tween or teen room. So you will get to see 2 similar themes; one each for a small child and an older one.
We would love to have some feedback on whether you find the series helpful and inspirational or not. So don’t hesitate to make your opinion heard.
- This is a fun, quick and easy way to cover the imperfections in the wall as well as bring the room to life in an instant. If you are wondering whether the wallpaper trend is in or out of fashion - remember, thisFind out more...
- Finding great Mothers Day gifts can be quite a time consuming task. The important point to remember is that a mom never stops being a mom. On this special day for mothers, why not give Find out more...
- This is the Digital era...and just like the old trusted typewriter, snail mail and the very popular-in-its-days walkman - the beautiful, evocative and inspirational world of the written word has now been digitized (is that the correct word?). We have a new product in our Special Feature section. Find out more...
For the latest deals and discounts don't forget to check out our blog, or our Daily Deals section.
|The Transformation – A New Series
Everybody enjoys decorating a room. Even something as simple as changing the layout of the furniture in the room can instantly lift your spirits. Change is Good.
But then again, the challenge for most parents lies in changing the look of the room in line with the changes in your child’s age and phase. Can a room made for a baby truly transform into a room for a teenager?
We have put together two inspiration boards to help you see how the same color scheme can be used in a nursery as well as the teen room.
Grey is a popular wall color these days. So we decided to use it as our base wall paint color for both rooms. Here you see the nursery. We love the pops of color against the placid grey.
See how this grey color scheme carries onto a teen fashion-ista's room.
- Target – Find the perfect gift for your Grad and his Dad . Also check out the Furniture while there and enjoy super savings.
- Magic Murals – If you have not been able to decide as yet on the Mothers Day gift, here's a header in the right direction. Magic Murals is offering 10% off for Mother's Day with code WELOVEMOM10
- Going for Gift Cards instead of purchasing a gift is a sure shot way to get your Mom what SHE wants! Buy the gift card from EBillMe and you get even more benefits, especially if you buy on Tuesday or Thursday!
|A Great Find
The Color Scheme Bible: Inspirational Palettes for Designing Home Interiors by Anna Starmer.
Here is one customer review to help you decide:
"This is a spiral bound book so it lies flat for convenient reference. It has an excellent introduction touching on the basics of color theory, but the main body of the book consists of palettes. There is a main color covering most of the page, with bands of two accent and two highlight colors superimposed on the main color. There is descriptive text giving the inspiration behind the palette and suggestions for how the colors might be used in the room. The book is divided into color sections (reds, yellow, etc.), with each section having around 20 different palettes. I must have checked 50 books on color in interior decorating out of the library, and this is the one I bought.
This newsletter is our way of getting to know you better. Do you have any creative decorating ideas to share? Is there something specific that you would like to see on our site or in our e-zine? Tell us what you like and do not like (really?) about our site. Get in touch with us and make your voice heard.
Adolescence is perhaps nature's way of preparing parents to welcome the empty nest. ~Karen Savage and Patricia Adams, The Good Stepmother
New! Comments Was there something special on this page that you loved? Then, leave me a comment in the box below. (Please remember this is a kid-friendly site.)